Tuesday 11 June 2013

Are His Legs Broken?

It never ceases to amaze me what type of looks, questions and statements you get from others when you go out somewhere with a baby who wears casts.The looks go from concern to I get it. The top three questions are always: "What happened to his legs?", "How did he break them?" or "Club feet?"
Followed by the top three statements: "Poor baby!", "My grandmothers, uncles child had clubfeet" and "He'll be fine." I keep telling my husband that I can't get out of a store without  someone asking what is wrong with Braeden or needing to stay and listen to a story about someone else's experience with club feet."

It is remarkable that so many people recognize the situation, have a story to share, and can connect with me through this experience. It is also equally remarkable that half the population that I run into have never heard of club feet. In both situations, I figure that this is my chance to connect, educate and tell people a part of our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment